Having trouble with a clogged toilet in your Northfield, MN home? These common plumbing problems are often fixed with an easy solution provided by a trained and experienced plumbing expert. Homeowners in the area trust Benjamin Franklin Plumbing when they need fast and efficient clogged toilet repair services.
Often, a clogged toilet results in an unpleasant mess. Unattended clogs can also wreak havoc on your entire plumbing system and, eventually, cause a damaging burst pipe emergency. Avoid these issues and any messy cleanup with professional repair from an expert plumber.
Your friends and neighbors are talking about us. Read our latest reviews and customer comments to see what they are saying.
What Causes a Clogged Toilet?
There are a few things that contribute to clogged toilet emergencies in the home. Many issues stem from improper use of the toilet. Remember most toilets can only handle toilet paper. Don't use your toilet like a garbage can. It cannot handle thinks like q-tips, feminine products, baby wipes, paper towels, facial wipes, etc. Other times you might accidentally flush something down the toilet such as toothbrushes, cell phones, kid's toys, etc. And we can help with that, too.
Don’t forget to also download our latest coupons and online offers so you can take advantage of instant savings.
How to Prevent Toilet Problems?
Many toilet repairs can be prevented with a little foresight and attention on the part of the homeowner. Here are some expert tips and tricks for keeping your toilet working effectively and preventing unnecessary clogs or damage resulting in toilet replacement:
- Place a garbage can next to the toilet for non-water soluble items.
- If you have small kids at home, try installing a childproof lock on the toilet seat.
- Flush twice if necessary.
- Use less toilet paper if you can.
- Purchase thinner toilet paper rather than 3-ply.
- Make sure you get clogs repaired quickly and effectively by a professional.
- Opt for toilet replacement as soon as you notice any fatal flaws such as cracks to the porcelain.
- If you are investing in a lot of toilet repairs or the toilet is constantly clogging, consider a new replacement to save time and money.